Call us today 800.631.9958 | Small Group Italy Tours | email@example.com
• A Sicilian cooking lesson followed by dinner of our own creation
• A visit to a vineyard in Gozo, Malta, for a wine-tasting luncheon
• Visits to the Monreale Cathedral and the Valley of the Temples in Sicily and the Tarxien and Ggantija temples in Malta
***$6,199 price reflects 4- and 5-star hotels; $5,299 price reflects 3- and 4-star hotels or standard room in 5-star hotel.
Set within the beautiful Mediterranean Sea, the islands of Malta and Sicily share an interesting and important history: Evidence of "man" exists as far back as 8,000 BC on Sicily and 5,200 BC in Malta. The Greek temples in Sicily are better preserved than those in Greece, and the temples in Gozo, Malta, are considered the oldest freestanding monuments in the world - pre-dating the Great Pyramid of Cheops in Egypt by 1,000 years!
On this 12-night deluxe tour,we'll explore the most important historic and archaeological sites on the islands while also introducing you to these unique cultures in other ways: through the food, the wine, the handicrafts and the people. Given that both islands were occupied by many different civilizations over the millennia, the food today on both Sicily and Malta reflects a marriage of flavors, including Middle Eastern, North African and Spanish. Although Maltese wines are not necessarily well-known, there are two indigenous varietals (Gellewza and Ghirghentina) that are gaining acclaim worldwide. And Sicilian wines are well-known for being some of the best in the world! From the vibrant streets of Palermo to the ancient temples of Agrigento and Gozo, to the Baroque towns of Ragusa and Valletta to the gorgeous seasides of Realmonte and Dwejra, we'll discover all these islands have to offer...
Trip price includes:
• First-class accommodations (3 nights Palermo in a 4-star hotel; 2 nights Agrigento in a 5-star hotel; 3 nights in the Modica countryside; 4 nights Valletta in a 5-star hotel)• All breakfasts; 3 lunches with wine, 7 multi-course dinners with wine
• 2 winery tours and tastings at local vineyards
• Private guided tours in Sicily: Palermo, Monreale, Cefalu, Valley of the Temples, Ragusa Ibla & Modica; in Malta: Valletta, Vittoriosa, Mdina, Rabat, Gozo
• Private boat tour while in Malta (weather dependent)
• Full-time English-speaking tour director, who is with you throughout the trip
• Expert local guides at all historic sites
• Gratuities for local guides, hotels, meals, and baggage
• Transportation during the tour, including ferries
• Transfers upon arrival and departure in Italy
• Pre-trip planning help